UNC name format

phpeter

May 24, 2021, 4:47:59 PM5/24/21
to Dokan
Hello,

We are mounting Dokan using a UNC in the following format: \\mydrive\\drive

However, when supplying the UNC, we noticed a severe lag (30-45 seconds) when opening documents via Microsoft Excel and similar programs.

I reproduced this in the mirror example.

I also tried providing \\\\mydrive\\drive as the UNC name.

I noticed if I change the UNC to simply mydrive\\drive that fixes the issue

So our code is
mirror.Mount(mountPath, DokanOptions.NetworkDrive, 5, Dokan.Version, TimeSpan.FromSeconds(20), "mydrive\\drive", null);

Is this a valid format? Or is there another reason that supplying a UNC in this format is causing problems?

Thanks,
Peter

Adrien JUND

May 25, 2021, 2:21:41 AM5/25/21
to do...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The correct format for the UNC is with a single backslash: \MyServer\MyName -> "\\MyServer\\MyName"

You are saying you can repro with the mirror, is it the C or C# mirror ? Can you try with the C mirror if not already.

Could you also provide the exact app and version where you are seeing this behavior?
Are you running a clean/fresh environment?

Best regards,
Liryna

phpeter

May 25, 2021, 2:15:42 PM5/25/21
to Dokan
Thanks, I actually discovered the root of my problem. We were using a UNC like \\myProduct\drive and on our network there was already a route for "myProduct". I believe this collision caused the delay, because once we disabled this route the delay no longer happened.

Thanks for your time,
Peter