Dokan, available space seems not quite right (3.99TB max?)

Glen Grzybowski

Apr 17, 2021, 2:21:43 PM4/17/21
to Dokan
Hi, I am using the mirror command to have my NAS drives appear as fixed/removable drives and not network attached.

Works well except the available storage/drive size seems understated, i.e. it is a 14TB network drive that shows size of 3.99TB when presented by Dokan

maybe i dont have the right flags set to represent full size of network drive?

mirror.exe -r z: -l G

i am just a simple end user so can at best adjust the flags; if a recompile is needed maybe there is a dummies guide i can be pointed too

I guess my other question, does it matter?  If i have 10TB of data but Dokan refelcts less, do I care? will my network backup script still copy the entire 10TB and ignore whatever calculated 'usage is"... <<-- may not be a fair question; but this is for backblaze mirrors

Adrien JUND

Apr 17, 2021, 2:51:04 PM4/17/21
to do...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please see https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/discussions/982 that looks to be insuring you question.

There is a small code change needed that needs to be rebuilt in the mirror binary.
There is a wiki that explains how to build the project. Otherwise I might be able to create a new release in the coming days hopefully.

I do not believe you will face any issue if the volume size is incorrect. Except maybe if you try to add files that a larger that the current Free space.