[Dojo-interest] Creating a new tree item as a child of another item does not update the leaf icon with JsonRestStore

Simon

Feb 14, 2010, 12:17:33 PM2/14/10
to dojo-i...@dojotoolkit.org
Hi all
I'm using a JsonRestStore and a tree. If I create a new dijit.tree
item and append it as a child to another item, the tree and the
expando icon is updated, but not the leaf icon. Is this a bug or do I
have to manually set the icon? If so how?

You can see what I mean here: <a href="http://www.speich.net/articles/
dojo-jsonreststore.php">Demo of creating, modifying and deleting tree
items</a>

Bill Keese

Feb 17, 2010, 7:29:28 PM2/17/10
to dojo-i...@mail.dojotoolkit.org, dojo-i...@dojotoolkit.org
That page is working for me, when I click the "create new item 6 as
child of node 5 (TODO: fix icon, which is not updated)" link.

Simon

Feb 18, 2010, 9:21:18 AM2/18/10
to dojo-i...@dojotoolkit.org
Hi Bill

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I'm not sure if I
was clear enough. Does 'node 5' turn into a folder icon after clicking
the 'create new item 6' ? Because I only get an expando icon, but no
folder icon with FF3.6, Opera10.10 and IE8 in windows xp.

Do I have to update the leaf-icon myself and if so how?

On Feb 18, 1:29 am, Bill Keese <wke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That page is working for me, when I click the  "create new item 6 as
> child of node 5 (TODO: fix icon, which is not updated)" link.
>

> Simon wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I'm using a JsonRestStore and a tree. If I create a new dijit.tree
> > item and append it as a child to another item, the tree and the
> > expando icon is updated, but not the leaf icon. Is this a bug or do I
> > have to manually set the icon? If so how?
>
> > You can see what I mean here: <a href="http://www.speich.net/articles/
> > dojo-jsonreststore.php">Demo of creating, modifying and deleting tree
> > items</a>

Bill Keese

Feb 19, 2010, 2:40:10 AM2/19/10
to dojo-i...@mail.dojotoolkit.org
Ah I see your point, it reproduces on http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.4.0/dojo-release-1.4.0/dijit/tests/test_Tree_Notification_API_Support.html too, that the icon doesn't get updated until the user clicks the expando (tested on FF3.6/mac).

OK, please file a ticket (at bugs.dojotoolkit.org) and I'll fix

Simon

Feb 19, 2010, 3:45:09 AM2/19/10
to dojo-i...@dojotoolkit.org
I created ticket 10770 as requested http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/10770