Fwd: Scouse Flowerhouse

Defnet Media

Jun 10, 2024, 4:24:03 AMJun 10
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I went to Lark lane community centre over the weekend and got talking to Polly Mosely from Scouse Flower House (they do all the wild flowers in the parks). Polly was telling me about this Bee project they have on the go called Sewing Bees, where they aim to sew as many Bee patches as possible then string them all together into a huge banner.

If anyone is interested in helping the project out and shouting about the importance of Bees within our ecosystem and sewing Bee patches  then Drop polly a line at  bl...@scouseflowerhouse.com

This is the copy from their leaflet -

SEWING BEES

After our Spring sowings, Scouse Flowerhouse is asking for groups and individuals to sew us bees of all shapes, varieties and characters onto 10cm x 10cm hessian patches.

This is for Peter Carney's latest banner creation LET IT BEE in celebration of these wondrous pollinators and in line with the World Museum's latest exhibition on Bees.

Our aim is to have this banner ready in time for Tatton Park Flower Show in July, and the banner will then be showcased at all of our summer wildflower meet ups and events.

If your group wants hessian patches or materials, please contact bl...@scouseflowerhouse.com or ring 07990 518 107.

Please then drop them off at Walton Hall Park Community Garden (postbox on the gates),

Everton Community Garden (Tuesday 10-1 and Friday 1-4pm).

World Museum (Tuesday-Friday) or

Old Police Station, 80 Lark Lane office (Open Monday - Friday 10am-4pm)

We will also be organising some community sewing days onto the banner in July.

Thanks in advance for your creativity and support on this!!

All the best

Neil
--
Neil Morrin - Defnet Media Projects
Mob: 07940584482

Website Hosting mello-hosts.co.uk
Collaborative Media Production www.defnetmedia.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/defnetmedia
Twitter: @defnetmedia

Collaborative Projects
Jelly LIverpool - jellyliverpool.com
Ignite Liverpool - www.igniteliverpool.com

Defnet Media
Address: 1st Floor, 96 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HY

Defnet Media
Address: 1st Floor, 96 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HY
20240608_162322.jpg
20240608_172756.jpg