See The Space

11 views
Skip to first unread message

michae...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 2, 2026, 10:30:22 AMSep 2
to DoES Liverpool
Hi there,

One of the actions that has been proposed to try and help with attracting new members is doing a dedicated "See The Space" tour that does not overlap with Maker Night, so that people coming to see DoES have the option of a more guided tour during a quieter time. 

To that end I'm going to get the ball rolling and start doing a tour once a month after work, and we can see if it works here - it might not, but it can't hurt to try. It'll initially be on the last Tuesday of the month as there are no other events at that time currently.

The model for this is the similar tour that has been the only way for the public to see Cambridge Makespace without being a member, and it has generally been the main driver (as far as I'm aware) of sign ups.

I've put together a rough outline of the tour here:


I encourage people to help fill in the gaps where I don't know things or suggest other key points, with the caveat that we can't fit everything in to a short tour, so the question is what is the essence of DoES that we need to get across?

Whilst I plan to get the ball rolling on this - if anyone else wanted to say run a second slot on another day, or make it more times per month, the point of having a written tour plan is that it doesn't need to be just one person who runs this.

The first one will be at the end of september, then we can see at the end of the year if we think this is working or not. Even if it doesn't work, then we should at least have a nice guide to how to show new visitors the space :)

All the best,

-- Michael


Assim Alexander

unread,
Sep 4, 2026, 4:49:43 AMSep 4
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
I think a really helpful thing to do with this is have a print out with a kind of blueprint of the tour, and a feedback qr etc on it, and a literal feedback section incase they wanna do it in paper.

If we can capture their feedback there and then can give us the ability to capture them afterwards if they are not quite won over yet. 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DoES Liverpool" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to does-liverpoo...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/does-liverpool/b471ef42-7dd7-4326-952a-baef8d1f3bb4n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages