Proposed DoESLiverpool workday to Bidston Observatory Artistic Research centre

Julian Todd

May 30, 2023, 7:13:28 AM5/30/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

There's a really nice looking workspace over in the Wirral in the old Observatory on the hill, about 20 minutes stroll from Birkenhead North metro station.  I've checked it out, and it's even better than you can imagine.  They have day rates of 10pounds/day for Wednesday-Friday:

They've got perfectly good wifi and desks and a kitchen.  We should get to know them.

** I was wondering if we could propose a remote DoESLiverpool day in the near future where everyone with a permanent or temporary desk here goes there for the day and the cost is covered by DoES (or me if necessary to make it happen).  **

I think it's much easier to set up an initial contact between communities if we go as a group, rather than one by one, so the intention is for it to lead to good things, like sharing equipment and and using them as a very good base for accommodation for events that would otherwise violate the "no sleeping at the hackspace" rule.

Julian.

Alex J Lennon

May 30, 2023, 7:21:29 AM5/30/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

I fancy a trip :)

Andy Green

May 30, 2023, 11:11:09 AM5/30/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I'm on the Wirral, so will try and tag along, depending on dates.

Andy

jo...@mckerrell.net

May 30, 2023, 11:20:11 AM5/30/23
to 'Siobhan' via DoES Liverpool
I imagine it would be good to get in touch with them in advance rather than just descend en masse (you probably meant that anyway). But if some communication is happening maybe we could talk about a reciprocal thing, so a group of us go there and we invite a group from there over to DoES? Having now read the information that may not be so useful if they don’t have “regulars" but could be worth bringing up rather than having to exchange actual cash.

John