Week 680 - ChatGPT, Herring Gull

jackie pease

Jun 17, 2024, 1:12:50 PMJun 17
to Does-Liverpool@Googlegroups. Com
Each week we'll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you're involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Liverpool MakeFest
Liverpool MakeFest is on Saturday 6th July this year. If you have stuff that you’d like to display and/or you can help out then please add details to the Git issue here.
If you just want to visit, you can get a free ticket here.
As usual we’ll be having an after party on Saturday evening, and a maker brunch on Sunday, here at DoES Liverpool. You can get your tickets via EventBrite:
Things of Note

Attached: 1 image Winging it today in @DoESLi...@does.social (of course I'm always winging it but shhhh) #weeknotes

Attached: 1 image @huf...@does.social and @amcewen rescued a baby seagull for Russ to take to rehab... Shame I didn't get any photos of the Benny Hill process of catching it #weeknotes
Attached: 1 image #RepairCafe visitor Nina with charity shop find top - she shortened it using one of our sewing machines, helped by Julian @goatc...@mastodon.me.uk The Repair Café runs on the 3rd Sunday of each month, from 11am - 3pm #WeekNotes
does.social
Coming Up in the Next Week
Monday 17 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Wednesday 19 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Liverpool Revolutionary Communists
Thursday 20 June, 7:00pm-8:00pm
Thursday 20 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm
Maker Night
Our free weekly evening meeting where you can find out about our space and all the making equipment in it, get a laser cutter or CNC embroidery machine induction, and work on projects from physical computing and electronics to 3d printing, routing and sewing. Just pay for materials used.
Saturday 22 - Sunday 23 June
No Plastic Playgroup at DoES Liverpool this week, as the team will be at Africa Oyé over the weekend. Visit them in Sefton Park and join in everything else that's happening at Oyé (more details here).

Somebody Should
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there's something you'd like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 402 open, 1516 closed
No new issues
Featured issue: Collect a list of people who sell things made at DoES. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed