Creating Basic 2D Animation with Python?

Wesley Brooks

Aug 9, 2021, 1:04:00 PM8/9/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Looking to make a very basic animation tool to preview gcode slice data. Pretty much just lines and dots, solid colours, no need for shaders or lighting angles etc. Pop up window on play, perhaps a pause/play button bit stuff like time scalling hard coded in test scripts.

What tools would people recommend?

Cross platform preferable, must work with Linux/Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Wes.

vicster dekann

Aug 11, 2021, 4:57:50 AM8/11/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wes,

I hope all is well?

You can use Photoshop to create animation, that's if you have access to it.

I have used it for stop animation, using photos and drawings. Very easy, just keeping the layers organised is the difficult part. It is a simple process, let me know if you require assistance.

Check out the link for other animation Apps...

I hope this helps.

Vicki