Organisation of a FreeCAD Users Group @DoES?

Wesley Brooks

Apr 20, 2023, 2:33:39 PM4/20/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Evening All,

Apollogies for the delay on this, as usual the virus takes some of the blame and the rest work & scouting for it!

Mentioned about setting up some intros and discussions about FreeCAD in the past. An incredibly powerful piece of software, but equally frustrating to learn and get the best out of. Intention would be for us to share experiences and hopefully those of us more familiar with the code may be able to help is generate issues on GitHub for good ideas etc.

So, pointing the question towards the masters/guardians of DoES, what would be the process for setting up such a group meeting at DoES, initially intended for our members rather than a revenue generating meeting? Perhaps best in the evening if there is a free one?

Best Regards,

Wes.

Frank Perra

Apr 20, 2023, 3:27:47 PM4/20/23
to DoES Liverpool
Hi Wes,

I would be quite interested in taking part in this group if such a group is setup.

Frank

Alex J Lennon

Apr 21, 2023, 5:12:13 AM4/21/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

I'd like to learn a bit about this too

JR Peterson

Apr 21, 2023, 6:15:29 AM4/21/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Me 3. Learning this by osmosis off someone that understands it would be really useful. I currently use inkscape.

JR

Andrew Kennedy

Apr 21, 2023, 6:39:34 AM4/21/23
to DoES Liverpool
this would be amazing - just starting out on 3d printing and getting some basics and more will be brilliant.

Chris Huffee

Apr 21, 2023, 6:59:47 AM4/21/23
to DoES Liverpool
I'd also be interested in coming to this.

The next step would be to pick an evening the events room is free and emailing hello@ to book it.

Jackie Pease

Apr 21, 2023, 8:55:50 AM4/21/23
to Does-Liverpool@Googlegroups. Com
I'm learning this and would also be interested in coming along.

Just to add to what Chris H said, there's nothing to pay for the room hire as long as the event is free and open to all.

Wesley Brooks

Apr 22, 2023, 6:09:07 AM4/22/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Great, we've got a few interested.

I would like to eventually offer an option to teach an intro to FreeCAD, but for the time being this should be viewed as a users group where we share what we've been up to and people can pick and mix what works best for them.

I will follow through with suggestion on booking the room.

Thanks!

Wes.

Snoof Kattekop

Apr 22, 2023, 6:10:40 AM4/22/23
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I'm in too if it works with my schedule (will crib off Chris the Physics if not)