MSBuild Task

Jamie Penney

May 2, 2009, 5:30:55 PM5/2/09
to docu
Hi all,
I have created a custom MSBuild task for docu, to make it a bit easier
to use docu in MSBuild. It is pretty simple, but I thought it might
help. I created an MSBuild task called Docu, that you can pass a set
of assemblies and xml files, a path where it can find docu.exe, and a
working directory so you don't have to repeat the full path to the
assemblies and xml files. In the Docu.MSBuild project there is a file
called Debug.testproj. This is a sample MSBuild file that will show
you how to use the task.

I've pushed these changes to my docu fork here: git://github.com/jamiepenney/docu.git

Let me know whether you guys think this is useful.

James Gregory

May 3, 2009, 4:53:48 AM5/3/09
to docu-...@googlegroups.com
That sounds great! I'll integrate your changes into my master as soon as I get the chance. My other project (Fluent NHibernate) is currently taking up a lot of my time, but I should hopefully get some docu time in the next couple of days.

It'd be great to have an NAnt (and maybe a rake) task to go with this too. Obviously I'm not asking you to do that, just thinking out loud.

I've created a ticket for this, incase anybody wants to track the progress.

Jamie Penney

May 3, 2009, 6:24:39 AM5/3/09
to docu
I've only had experience with MSBuild, but now might be a good time to
learn some of the other common build systems. I'll have a crack at
creating an NAnt task and let you know how that goes.

Cheers,
Jamie