Files loading in wrong place

Nigel Williams

Aug 22, 2022, 11:52:07 AM8/22/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Hi Jesse

We've created many files and stored them in one folder. We call these files "Pull-ins".

Oddly if you select a particular file (Pull-in) the sidebar doesn't update, but when you move on to the next one and select another file the first file you selected gets loaded in to that second one. This behaviour carries on so you move on to the next file selector, choose a different pull-in and that one then adds the one you selected before.

So as an example:

You choose a file called "specification" for the first file
After it updates the sidebar for that file selector still shows "no file selected"

Move on to the next file selector and choose a file called "Terms"
After it processes this, the first file selector on the sidebar still says "no file selected" and the second file selector now shows "specification" when it should show "Terms"

So it is always one out.

Jesse McCabe

Aug 22, 2022, 12:50:44 PM8/22/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Strange.  I did a big update a couple of months ago which would have affected file imports... so there may be a bug I didn't catch.  I will try to recreate it on my end, but could you share a copy of your document with me, as well?

Share with: je...@docvars.com

Thanks,
Jesse