Error: "Doc Variables is unable to load."

Kai Mallari

May 26, 2022, 10:27:19 PM5/26/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Hey Doc Variables team,

I'm currently getting this error:

Doc Variables is unable to load.
Are you connected with multiple Google accounts in your web browser? If so please disconnect from your other Google accounts and try again.

Weird since I'm only connected to the one account, with one document open, in one tab. I get this error inside of both Google Chrome and Vivaldi browsers.

Really love the app and would like to continue to be able to use it.

Thank you!
Kai Mallari

Dave Smith

May 29, 2022, 8:33:05 AM5/29/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
I've just this error come up this morning.

Jesse McCabe

May 29, 2022, 8:51:27 AM5/29/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
This error shows up if the add-on does not load in 20 seconds.  Because the most common reason is due to multiple accounts being logged in, I added this message.  However, it does not mean that is the reason why it didn't load.

If this is only happening on one document, please share a copy with me so I can look into the issue: je...@docvars.com

If it is happening all the time on more than one document, I may need to get more information from you to determine what the problem is.  Email me directly and I will help out.

Best,
Jesse

Jesse McCabe

May 29, 2022, 9:17:57 AM5/29/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Well, after looking into this ... it seems like it was a more systemic issue.  I'm not sure what the problem was, but I released a new version (84.11) and it's working again.  My apologies for the interruption.

Best,
Jesse

Dave Smith

May 29, 2022, 4:56:50 PM5/29/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Hi Jesse

The problem has resolved itself as quickly as it appeared. I suspect your recent upgrade might have done the trick.

Thanks.

Kai Mallari

May 29, 2022, 5:06:29 PM5/29/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Hi Jesse and Dave,

Let's not celebrate too soon.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the add-on but it now loads indefinitely after posting this error: "ScriptError: Exception: Action not allowed"

See attached
Kai Mallari

Error_220529.jpg

Jesse McCabe

May 30, 2022, 9:24:50 PM5/30/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Kai,

Did this get resolved?  I did post some updates yesterday.  Please make sure you are only logged in under one Google account.

Best,
Jesse

Kai Mallari

May 30, 2022, 9:51:53 PM5/30/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Hi Jesse,

I guess you didn't see my update on this post yesterday. No. It did not get resolved.

Kai Mallari

Jun 6, 2022, 7:35:13 PM6/6/22
to Doc Variables -- Support and Requests
Hey Jesse,

Looking to follow up on this error. I'd love to continue using Doc Variables, but it is still not functioning for me.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the add-on but it now loads indefinitely after posting this error: "ScriptError: Exception: Action not allowed"

Thank you
Kai Mallari