Searching articles with date ranges

Maurizio De Mattei

Mar 9, 2020, 11:26:55 AM3/9/20
to doaj-public-api
Hi there,

I am searching what articles of a given journal have been created in a time period. I tried the following query in the Search Articles API:

bibjson.journal.title:"Marine Drugs" and created_date:[2018-01-01 TO 2018-12-31]

"total": 0

and I get a total of 0 results. I just used the API page as follows, entering the above query in the field search_query and clicking on the Try it out! button:

However the follong queries give non zero results:

bibjson.journal.title:"Marine Drugs"

"total": 3531,

created_date:[2018-01-01 TO 2018-12-31]

"total": 821129

and indeed articles from the Marine Drugs journal have benn createed in year 2018.

Why the first query is not working?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best,

Maurizio

Dominic Mitchell

Mar 11, 2020, 3:31:55 AM3/11/20
to Maurizio De Mattei, doaj-public-api
Dear Maurizio,

Thank you so much for your message. One of our team will get back to you asap.

Dominic Mitchell

Mar 18, 2020, 3:52:31 AM3/18/20
to Maurizio De Mattei, doaj-public-api
Hi Maurizio,

This is a bug and we are putting in a fix. Confirmation will be sent once that is done.

Thanks for your patience!

------------------
Best wishes
Dom Mitchell
DOAJ Operations Manager

Dominic Mitchell

Mar 19, 2020, 3:38:24 AM3/19/20
to Maurizio De Mattei, doaj-public-api
Dear Maurizio,

This is now fixed and released. Please note that only AND and OR (capitalized) are keywords so it won't work for andor& or |

Best Dom

Maurizio De Mattei

Mar 19, 2020, 11:43:03 AM3/19/20
to doaj-public-api