Do Science - SciEvents #31 (139) 2022/08/02

Marcin Magnus

Aug 1, 2022, 6:17:59 AM8/1/22
to a...@imol.institute, do-science...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We'd like to invite you to the following scientific events.

(go there if the links to Zoom/Team or similar are broken here)

We're trying to cover following seminar series (find more details there):
- IFPAN Biological physics and bioinformatics, http://www.ifpan.edu.pl/ACTIVITY/sem-info/sem-fb.html
- RNA Biomedicine at Univ of Michigan, US, https://rna.umich.edu/events/
(let's know to cover more)

Check also our  🔥 JOBS 🔥  at the bottom of the mail. Share with us your offers.

If something is missing, let us know and e-mail us at <doscien...@gmail.com> or/and join our team of volunteers.

~ Events ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Events found.

~ 🔥 JOBS 🔥 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLACE FOR YOUR JOB OFFER! Contact m.ma...@imol.institute

IMOL / Positions at IMOL

IF PAN

Ogłoszenia (plakaty w załączniku i linki do ogłoszeń na stronie IF PAN) o trzech dostępnych w tej chwili miejscach pracy dla biofizyka-doświadczalnika i biotechnologa/biologa molekularnego w Środowiskowym Laboratorium Fizyki Biologicznej w Instytucie Fizyki PAN w Warszawie, z serdeczną prośbą o rozpropagowanie w swoim środowisku drogą mailową oraz w miarę możliwości o wywieszenie w dostępnych miejscach w Państwa instytucjach:

1. post-doc w grancie (17 miesięcy),

2. asystent lub adiunkt (etat statutowy dla doktora lub doktora habilitowanego, z perspektywą zatrudnienia na czas nieokreślony),
ogłoszenie na stronie IF PAN pojawi się w najbliższych dniach;

3. specjalista do spraw biotechnologii (na zastępstwo na min. 2 lata),

RESEARCH ASSISTANT / Mossakowski Medical Research Centre Polish Academy of Sciences (www.imdik.pan.pl)
  DEADLINE: <2022-08-12 Fri>

Warsaw, Poland
Laboratory of Protein Engineering (lab leader: Dr hab. Izabela Sabała)
The team is working on discovery of new antibacterial treatment, based on bacteriolytic enzymes and develop them into applicable products for medicine, veterinary and industry. Discovery of new bacteriolytic enzymes will be supported by two grants in POLNOR programme operated by NCBR (2021-2023). For more information about Sabala’s team, please see www.prevecopolnor.com, www.safefoodctrl.com
  Closing date: 12th Aug, 2022
Job type: full time employment contract
Salary: very competitive, depending on skills and experience Position starts on: 1st Sep 2022
Key responsibilities:
- independent research and assisting other lab members with experiments
- general maintenance of laboratory and equipment
- possibility to apply for PhD
Description of successful candidate:
- Master degree in biological sciences or related fields
- experience in protein biochemistry and/or molecular biology and/or microbiology
- self-motivated and able to work in a collaborative atmosphere
How to apply: CV, motivation letter in English and contact details for at least two references, please email to pol...@imdik.pan.pl by 12th Aug, 2022. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Please include in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”

Do Science!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do Science is an IIMCB-based initiative kicked off by PhD students and postdocs to organize lectures and informal meetings with excellent scientists to discuss SCIENCE! (= research of our speakers but also what is science all about!)

Everyone is welcome to join us and our meetings!

Do Science has organized discussions with:

+ three Nobel Prize laureates: Venki Ramakrishnan, Brian Kobilka and Robert Huber,
+ international scientists: Gottfried Schatz, Ineke Braakman,  Franck Perez, Virginijus Šiksnys, Anna Tramontano, Barry Stoddard, Xiaodong Cheng, Valakunja Nagaraja, Narasimha D. Rao, Jiri Sponer, Sean McKenna, Giovanni Bussi, Toni Gabaldon, William F. Marzluff, Jenny Nelson, Tamara L. Hendrickson, Walter Chazin, Jordan Ramilowski, Mary Anne O´Connell, Reiner Wimmer, Patrick Osmer, Ben Luisi, Martin Bommer, Rhiju Das, Matt Disney, Melissa Moore
+ Polish scientists: Magda Konarska, Szymon Swiezewski, Leszek Kaczmarek, Maciej Zylicz, Marcin Nowotny, Andrzej Udalski, Joanna Kufel, Joanna Trylska, Andrzej Dziembowski, Wiesław Bogdanowicz, Michał Komorowski, Tomasz Prószynski, Paweł Niewiadomski, Maria Górna, Ewelina Knapska, Paweł Golik, Paweł Grzesiowski, Piotr Sicinski, Wojtek Galej, Arkadiusz Chworoś, Bartek Wilczyński, Jan Kosiński, Andrzej Wierzbicki, Bogumił Kaczkowski, Dominika Nowis, Jacek Kolanowski

Our events have been supported by the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO), International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB), Biocentrum Ochota and companies (e.g., Eppendorf, VitaInSilica).

See also our group in Poznan! https://www.facebook.com/DoSciencePoznan

Check out as well:

Import this Calendar into your calendars (recommended, you will get updates during the week, info on rescheduling or cancellation):

Marcin Magnus

Aug 8, 2022, 6:23:25 AM8/8/22
to All IMol, do-science...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Enjoying the summer? This week we have only job offers, take a look below.
If you want to add your job offer let me know m.ma...@imol.institute

Magnus

(go there if the links to Zoom/Team or similar are broken here)

We're trying to cover following seminar series (find more details there):
- IFPAN Biological physics and bioinformatics, http://www.ifpan.edu.pl/ACTIVITY/sem-info/sem-fb.html
- RNA Biomedicine at Univ of Michigan, US, https://rna.umich.edu/events/
(let's know to cover more)

Check also our  🔥 JOBS 🔥  at the bottom of the mail. Share with us your offers.

If something is missing, let us know and e-mail us at <doscien...@gmail.com> or/and join our team of volunteers.

No Events!

PLACE FOR YOUR JOB OFFER! Contact m.ma...@imol.institute

* IMOL / Positions at IMOL