Do Science - SciEvents #13 (121) 2022/03/29

1 view

Marcin Magnus

Mar 28, 2022, 7:56:42 AM3/28/22
to do-science...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

we'd like to invite you to the following scientific events.

SciEvents at http://doscience.iimcb.gov.pl/#scievents
(go there if the links to Zoom/Team or similar are broken here)

Check also our 🔥 JOBS 🔥 at the bottom of the mail. Share with us your offers.

Something is missing, let us know and e-mail us at <doscien...@gmail.com> or/and join our team of volunteers.

~ Events ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, for months we have had problems processing Events from our Calendar into this script. So please look there if there is anything interesting for you.

SciEvents at http://doscience.iimcb.gov.pl/#scievents

~ 🔥 JOBS 🔥 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLACE FOR YOUR JOB OFFER! Contact m.ma...@imol.institute

!! IMOL !!
Positions at IMOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.imol.institute/career-lab

Maciej Cieśla lab, IMOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The PhD student position available at the Laboratory of Stem Cell RNA Metabolism led by Dr Maciej Cieśla at the International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Science (IMol PAN). The successful candidate will study particular aspects of alternative splicing in stem cells - more details below:

https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/753438

Bartosz Różycki [April 30, 2022]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The postdoctoral researcher will join the Division of Theoretical Physics at the Institute of Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, to participate in the research project on “Biomolecular condensates of galectin-3” supported by the National Science Centre. The postdoctoral researcher will perform molecular dynamics simulations of galectin-3 condensates – both in aqueous solutions and at lipid membranes – using the MARTINI coarse-grained model.
http://www.ifpan.edu.pl/ACTIVITY/2022-03-14_Postdoc_07-2022_EN.pdf

Pawlica lab, US [till Apr 3, 2022]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postdoctoral Fellow, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai,

We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically curious postdoctoral fellow to work in the lab of Dr. Paulina Pawlica at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New Nork. Several projects aiming at understanding the functions of small non-coding RNAs during coronaviral and herpesviral infections are available (more @ https://labs.icahn.mssm.edu/pawlicalab). The position offers a competitive salary and benefits.

The Pawlica lab is funded by a generous start-up package and an R00 grant from National Institute of Health. The Department of Microbiology at Icahn Mount Sinai School of Medicine is a leader in viral research and offers an inspiring and collaborative environment.

The successful candidate will have a recent Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology, or a related field and a research background in RNA biology demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to independently design and conduct high-quality research experiments under the supervisor’s guidance, analyze data and draft manuscripts for publication.

To apply please send a cover letter and your CV to: paulina...@mssm.edu. Please include contact information to three academic references. Underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

https://jobs.sciencecareers.org/job/585585/postdoctoral-fellow-icahn-school-of-medicine-at-mount-sinai-pawlica-lab/

Do Science!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do Science is an IIMCB-based initiative kicked off by PhD students and postdocs to organize lectures and informal meetings with excellent scientists to discuss SCIENCE! (= research of our speakers but also what is science all about!)

Everyone is welcome to join us and our meetings!

Do Science has organized discussions with:

+ three Nobel Prize laureates: Venki Ramakrishnan, Brian Kobilka and Robert Huber,
+ international scientists: Gottfried Schatz, Ineke Braakman, Franck Perez, Virginijus Šiksnys, Anna Tramontano, Barry Stoddard, Xiaodong Cheng, Valakunja Nagaraja, Narasimha D. Rao, Jiri Sponer, Sean McKenna, Giovanni Bussi, Toni Gabaldon, William F. Marzluff, Jenny Nelson, Tamara L. Hendrickson, Walter Chazin, Jordan Ramilowski, Mary Anne O´Connell, Reiner Wimmer, Patrick Osmer, Ben Luisi, Martin Bommer, Rhiju Das, Matt Disney, Melissa Moore
+ Polish scientists: Magda Konarska, Szymon Swiezewski, Leszek Kaczmarek, Maciej Zylicz, Marcin Nowotny, Andrzej Udalski, Joanna Kufel, Joanna Trylska, Andrzej Dziembowski, Wiesław Bogdanowicz, Michał Komorowski, Tomasz Prószynski, Paweł Niewiadomski, Maria Górna, Ewelina Knapska, Paweł Golik, Paweł Grzesiowski, Piotr Sicinski, Wojtek Galej, Arkadiusz Chworoś, Bartek Wilczyński, Jan Kosiński, Andrzej Wierzbicki, Bogumił Kaczkowski, Dominika Nowis, Jacek Kolanowski

Our events have been supported by the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO), International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB), Biocentrum Ochota and companies (e.g., Eppendorf, VitaInSilica).
Join us & Do Science https://www.facebook.com/DoScience https://twitter.com/DoScience_ http://doscience.iimcb.gov.pl/

See also our group in Poznan! https://www.facebook.com/DoSciencePoznan

Check out as well:

Import this Calendar into your calendars (recommended, you will get updates during the week, info on rescheduling or cancellation):

HTML https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=doscience.iimcb%40gmail.com&ctz=Europe/Warsaw
iCal https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/doscience.iimcb%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics