Can I create different zone_files for each zone with dnspython?

Akshay Kumar

Mar 14, 2022, 4:06:30 AM3/14/22
to dnspython-users
Hi,

I have multiple zones and I want to create different zone_file for each zone using dnspython. In 'to_file' method, we need to mention the file name but what if we want to crate multiple zone files? we can't give multiple filenames while calling 'to_file' method right? So is it possible to create different zone files for each zones?

Bob Halley

Mar 14, 2022, 12:54:25 PM3/14/22
to dnspython-users
I'm not sure I understand your question.  Dnspython expects that you have a dns.zone.Zone object for each zone, so one filename is all you need to give when writing the zone to a file.  If you have content that you want to be in different zones in one Zone object, then you need to split it apart into multiple Zone objects.  If this answer didn't help, please provide more detail on what you are doing and what your Zone content looks like.