microscopic DNS server for RFC8914 testing

Stephan Lagerholm

Feb 17, 2023, 11:28:11 AM2/17/23
to dnspython-users
I'm looking for an example or ideas on how to use dnspython to create a microscopic DNS server. I would like to send back RFC8914 responses and investigate how clients are behaving. Is there an easy way of accomplishing this or do I need to open my own UDP socket?

Thanks in advance!

Bob Halley

Feb 17, 2023, 12:37:07 PM2/17/23
to dnspython-users
Check out dnspython's nanonameserver and how it uses them in the tests/ directory.  This is a good starting point for a limited purpose testing nameserver if you want to send back specific kinds of responses and see how clients react.