Beta testers needed to assure dnscontrol is backwards compatible

13 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Tom Limoncelli

olvasatlan,
2022. máj. 4. 17:52:582022. 05. 04.
– DNSControl-discuss
TLDR: I'm making a big change that should be entirely backwards
compatible. I need volunteers to build this version of DNSControl and
test it on their configuration.

Longer version:

PR#1500 (https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/pull/1500)
implements "Plan A" from "Request for Comments: Include the provider
type in creds.json, remove it from dnsconfig.js #1457"
(https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/issues/1457)

I need people to (1) verify that your current configuration works
without changes, (2) beta test the conversion guide.

Details are here: https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/pull/1500

Thanks!
Tom

P.S. This PR will be part of the 3.16 release.

Khaldoon Mutahar

olvasatlan,
2022. máj. 5. 16:44:372022. 05. 05.
– DNSControl-discuss
Hey,

Happy to help, just let me know what is needed. Currently on Linux Mint 20.3 Una.

Tom Limoncelli

olvasatlan,
2022. máj. 5. 17:48:062022. 05. 05.
– Khaldoon Mutahar, DNSControl-discuss
Thanks for the reply.

Full instructions here:
https://github.com/StackExchange/dnscontrol/pull/1500#issuecomment-1119070672

If you aren't familiar with how to build from a particular branch... Clone the repo to your local machine and "cd" into it. Then:
git fetch origin
git checkout -b b1457proposal origin/b1457proposal
go install

Best,
Tom

Válasz mindenkinek