dmx simple and switchpack

jbee

Jun 21, 2010, 10:30:44 AM6/21/10
to DmxSimple
Hi,

i trying to get my head around this:

I plan to controll a 4 Channel switchpack with the dmx simple
protokol.
Is there a list of commands somewhere? When I use brigthness the
switchpack
doesnt react steadily. With the Fade example I get it to work somehow,
but it doesnt work always...
What command do I use if i want to send on and of command?

Thnx alot

Peter Knight

Jun 21, 2010, 11:49:27 AM6/21/10
to DmxSimple
Hi.

On Jun 21, 3:30 pm, jbee <fr...@beansandbacon.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i trying to get my head around this:
>
> I plan to controll a 4 Channel switchpack with the dmx simple
> protokol.
> Is there a list of commands somewhere?

DmxSimple.write() is pretty much the only command you need. After
that, you need to be looking at your switchpack manual - that will
tell you which DMX channels control which feature.

> When I use brigthness the
> switchpack
> doesnt react steadily. With the Fade example I get it to work somehow,
> but it doesnt work always...

It sounds like you might have an electrical problem with your
Arduino / DMX interface, or maybe a termination problem. Try
simplifying the system right down until you get something working,
then building it up again.

> What command do I use if i want to send on and of command?

Completely dependent on your switchpack. Consult your manual. Usually
'0' is off and '255' is on, but that is a convention, not a rule.

jbee

Jun 22, 2010, 6:08:41 AM6/22/10
to DmxSimple
Peter,

thnx for your answer

> It sounds like you might have an electrical problem with your
> Arduino / DMX interface, or maybe a termination problem. Try
> simplifying the system right down until you get something working,
> then building it up again.

Your rigth. Touching shield and arduino with the same hand solves the
problem...
I will try to find out where the bug is...