"Sunday Scrabble"

Dave Hurd

Sep 2, 2011, 1:48:13 PM9/2/11
to dm scrabble
Because of Hy Vee Triathlon on Sunday it may be tough to get to Amici's.  So I suggest we change to Monday.  I called and they will be open on Monday from 7 to 4.  Maybe we could get a good turnout.  If you are coming, please let me know.  I'll be there from about 12:15 on.   Dave Hurd
G. David Hurd
300  Walnut St. #183
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515)255-3986
(515)778-8791 Cell
gdavi...@netins.net

Matthew Ridout

Sep 2, 2011, 1:58:52 PM9/2/11
to dm scrabble
A Monday Amici's gathering sounds like a super idea Dave

Another alternative might be to meet Sunday at java Joes, where club used to meet.  Maybe it would be equally hard to access that day for the same reason though.

Also, our home and table space in Ankeny would easily host 5 games.  This could happen Sunday whether or not we also had a gathering at Amici's on Monday.

Thoughts, anyone?

Matthew

Dave Hurd

Sep 2, 2011, 2:46:29 PM9/2/11
to Matthew Ridout, dm scrabble
I think Java Joes will suffer the same disability as Amici's on Sunday in that surrounding streets may be impacted
G. David Hurd
300  Walnut St. #183
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515)255-3986
(515)778-8791 Cell
gdavi...@netins.net

Meredith Leigh

Sep 2, 2011, 4:09:46 PM9/2/11
to Dave Hurd, Matthew Ridout, dm scrabble
I would agree that Sunday downtown is likely to be a mess.  I am actually participating in the Hy-Vee tri, so I wasn't planning to make Scrabble on Sunday, but I almost certainly will come down for a few games Monday---Dave, you can take advantage of my fatigued state and probably beat me soundly.  :)

drc...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2011, 11:16:37 AM9/3/11
to mleig...@yahoo.com, gdavi...@netins.net, rido...@yahoo.com, dmscr...@googlegroups.com
      Geez. Matthew, David tried to make it simple.  You brought out a Rubik's cube.  MONDAY at Amici's.  I will try to make it.

Matthew Ridout

Sep 3, 2011, 2:20:54 PM9/3/11
to dmscr...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, Chuck.  Sorry, everyone.  Invite rescinded.   Didn't mean to muddy the waters.  Thought visiting an old haunt or inviting some friends over might be nice ideas to at least float.  Won't happen again.     Matthew

drc...@aol.com

Sep 5, 2011, 12:13:45 PM9/5/11
to rido...@yahoo.com, dmscr...@googlegroups.com

      My apologies to Matthew.....I was trying to be funny and didn't come off that way.  Not the first, nor the last time, my foot is coming out of my keyboard.  Please forgive my rudeness.  Chuck.