Sept 7, 2021 "Meanwhile, Jessica Reznicek was just sentenced to serve 8 years in prison" from BRUTAL CAPITALISM: HOW AMERICA IS TRANSFORMING FROM A DEMOCRACY TO AN OLIGARCHY by Thom Hartmann |

Frank Cordaro

Sep 7, 2021, 10:03:34 PM9/7/21
to DMCW community list

Meanwhile, Jessica Reznicek was just sentenced to serve 8 years in prison for damaging an oil pipeline that she believed threatened the water supply of Iowa and surrounding regions and is contributing to climate change. Nobody died. Nobody got addicted. She didn’t make any money doing it. She’s not rich.

Instead, she was trying to save lives and prevent further ecocide. During her sentencing this week, Jessica said, “The toxins we enter into our waterways here in Iowa enter into the Mississippi, which enters into the Gulf [of Mexico]. … Going to this extreme was out of character for me.”

Ironically, on the same day she was sentenced a senior Exxon executive and lobbyist told a reporter that his company had no intention of going along with a carbon tax and that he could stop any kind of serious climate legislation because, with his company’s billions, he had about a dozen senators, including Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, in his back pocket.

From BRUTAL CAPITALISM: HOW AMERICA IS TRANSFORMING FROM A DEMOCRACY TO AN OLIGARCHY by Thom Hartmann | Sep 7, 2021 http://www.milwaukeeindependent.com/syndicated/brutal-capitalism-america-transforming-democracy-oligarchy/

----

Free Jessica Reznicek email add <freejessi...@gmail.com>

Free Jessica Reznicek Face Book page: https://www.facebook.com/freejessrez