Running a DKPro WSD example

Abdullah Alotayq

Jun 13, 2014, 6:51:31 AM6/13/14
to dkpro-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I'm a new user of DKPro, and started to get a feeling of how DKPro WSD works. At the moment, I'm working on the "Getting started with DKPro WSD" tutorial. In the section: "Example code", it suggests running some example codes. Then, in the package: de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.wsd.examples, I tried running "Semeval1EnCGAWExample.java". The parameter: "PARAM_WORDNET_PROPERTIES_URL", needs to be changed to my local directory.

However, in the page: "Lexical semantic resources", where accessing WordNet is described, it points to some corrupt extJWNL properties file. I wounder if there is any good version of the "extJWNL properties file" to be used, or a less complex way of accessing WordNet, and running the example-code mentioned?

Kind regards,
Abdullah,

Tristan Miller

Jun 13, 2014, 8:45:42 AM6/13/14
to dkpro-w...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

On 13/06/14 12:51 PM, Abdullah Alotayq wrote:
> I'm a new user of DKPro, and started to get a feeling of how DKPro WSD
> works. At the moment, I'm working on the "Getting started with DKPro WSD
> <https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-wsd/wiki/GettingStarted>" tutorial. In
> the section: "Example code", it suggests running some example codes.
> Then, in the package: de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.wsd.examples, I tried
> running "Semeval1EnCGAWExample.java
> <https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-wsd-gpl/source/browse/trunk/de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.wsd.examples-gpl/src/main/java/de/tudarmstadt/ukp/dkpro/wsd/examples/Senseval2EnAWExample.java>".
> The parameter: "PARAM_WORDNET_PROPERTIES_URL", needs to be changed to my
> local directory.
>
> However, in the page: "Lexical semantic resources
> <https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-wsd/wiki/LSRs#WordNet>",
> where accessing WordNet is described, it points to
> some _corrupt_ extJWNL properties file
> <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/extjwnl/wiki/GettingStarted>. I
> wounder if there is any _good version_ of the "extJWNL properties file"
> to be used, or a_ __less complex way_ of accessing WordNet, and running
> the example-code mentioned?

It looks like SourceForge have recently restructured their website in a
way which breaks all their old wiki links. Attached find a sample
extJwNL properties file which you can adapt.

Regarding an easier way, I think that a few months ago Torsten Zesch
committed a new module to DKPro WSD (or maybe DKPro WSD ASL) which
packages a complete WordNet 3.0 distribution. I haven't had a chance to
review it yet so it's not in any official release; however, if you check
out the source code from SVN you should find it there.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Miller, Research Scientist
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA)

Dr. Torsten Zesch

Jun 13, 2014, 9:54:44 AM6/13/14
to dkpro-w...@googlegroups.com

I can¹t remember putting the module in WSD, but the WordNet module can be
found here:
https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-toolbox/

Note that due to a bug that I found recently, most frequent sense
information is not correct in the recent version. Everything else should
work.

-Torsten

>Am 13/06/14 14:45 schrieb "Tristan Miller" unter

Tristan Miller

Jun 16, 2014, 6:26:41 AM6/16/14
to dkpro-w...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

On 13/06/14 03:54 PM, Dr. Torsten Zesch wrote:
> I can¹t remember putting the module in WSD, but the WordNet module can be
> found here:
> https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-toolbox/
>
> Note that due to a bug that I found recently, most frequent sense
> information is not correct in the recent version. Everything else should
> work.

OK, I must have been misremembering. Sorry about that. :)
signature.asc