[Release] DKPro Statistics 2.0.0

chmey...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2014, 12:37:35 PM8/1/14
to dkpro-stati...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of DKPro Statistics 2.0.0.

      http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-statistics/

DKPro Statistics is a collection of open-licensed statistical tools written in Java. The software library is divided into the following modules:

* DKPro Agreement (dkpro-statistics-agreement) is a module for computing multiple inter-rater agreement measures using a shared interface and data model. Based on this model, the software allows for analyzing coding (i.e., assigning categories to fixed items) and unitizing setups (i.e., segmenting the data into codable units). The software has been recently described in a COLING 2014 demo paper (see below).
* DKPro Correlation (dkpro-statistics-correlation) is a module for computing correlation and association measures.
* DKPro Significance (dkpro-statistics-significance) is a module for assessing statistical significance.

== Changes since Version 1.0 ==

There has been a major revision of the software library. It has been converted into a Maven multi-module project, such that the individual modules can be independently used.

In the agreement module, all agreement measures have been fundamentally restructured. We have added new measures for computing Randolph's kappa and Hubert's kappa as well as Krippendorff's alpha_U measure for analyzing unitizing setups. All measures work with a novel shared data model. They have been tested on a wide range of examples from the scientific literature. Multiple diagnostic devices are now available in the software. The changes in the agreement module are described in more detailed within our COLING demo paper (see below).

== License and Availability ==

The latest version of DKPro Statistics is available via Maven Central (http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cde.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.statistics).  If you use Maven as your build tool, then you can add DKPro Statistics as a dependency in your `pom.xml` file:

<dependency>
   <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.statistics</groupId>
   <artifactId>dkpro-statistics</artifactId>
   <version>2.0.0</version>
</dependency>

In addition to that, you can add each of the modules described above separately (e.g., artifactId `dkpro-statistics-agreement`).

DKPro Statistics is available as open source software under the Apache License (ASL) 2.0 (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0). The software thus comes "as is" without any warranty (see license text for more details).

== Citation Information and Project Background ==

A more detailed description of DKPro Agreement is available in our recently published COLING demo paper:

Christian M. Meyer, Margot Mieskes, Christian Stab, and Iryna Gurevych: DKPro Agreement: An Open-Source Java Library for Measuring Inter-Rater Agreement, in: Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), (to appear), August 2014. Dublin, Ireland.
https://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/publications/details/?no_cache=1&tx_bibtex_pi1%5Bpub_id%5D=TUD-CS-2014-0863

Please cite this paper if you use the software in your scientific work.

Prior to being available as open source software, DKPro Statistics has been a research project at the Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab (http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/) of the Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany. The following people have mainly contributed to this project (in alphabetical order):
  * Richard Eckart de Castilho
  * Iryna Gurevych
  * Christian M. Meyer
  * Margot Mieskes
  * Christian Stab
  * Torsten Zesch

== Contact ==

Please join our discussion group for announcements and Q&A

  dkpro-stati...@googlegroups.com
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dkpro-statistics-users