similarity between categories in wikipedia

Andrea Apicella

Mar 13, 2015, 2:20:31 PM3/13/15
to dkpro-simil...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!
I'm searching a package to compute similarity between Wikipedia categories. It seems that DkPro is right for me. If it's true, can I have a code example to obtain similarity between two wikipedia category c1 and c2? And, if it is really possibile, what is the similarity measure adopted in the package? WikiRelate measure?
Thanks for your help!
Andrea

Torsten Zesch

Mar 14, 2015, 6:51:36 AM3/14/15
to Andrea Apicella, DKPro Similarity Users, dkpro-c...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andrea,

here is an example for various measures similar to wikiRelate
https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-similarity-asl/source/browse/trunk/dkpro.similarity.algorithms.wikipedia-asl/src/test/java/dkpro/similarity/algorithms/wikipedia/WikipediaBasedComparatorTest.java

Note that you will need a JWPL Wikipedia database in order to use the measures.

-Torsten

Andrea Apicella

Mar 14, 2015, 7:03:24 AM3/14/15
to dkpro-c...@googlegroups.com, and....@gmail.com, dkpro-simil...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your help! unfortunately, I have seriuous problems installing dkpro-similarity package. Maven doesn't found all dependencies and it's going crazy. Maybe the package is too old and not supported like dkpro standard packages. Any alternative? :(

Torsten Zesch

Mar 14, 2015, 7:08:32 AM3/14/15
to dkpro-c...@googlegroups.com, Andrea Apicella, DKPro Similarity Users
DKPro Similarity is definitely still maintained and supported.

One difference is that due to the many, many third party libraries
used in the project, similarity is not yet on maven central.
This can cause some problems if you have not added the additional
repositories in your settings.xml as described here:
https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-similarity-asl/wiki/GettingStarted

If you experience any other problems, I am sure that we can figure out
what is going on.
Unfortunately, I don't know any other alternatives that provide the
functionality that you are looking for.

-Torsten
>> > email to dkpro-similarity-...@googlegroups.com.

Andrea Apicella

Mar 14, 2015, 8:27:26 AM3/14/15
to dkpro-c...@googlegroups.com, and....@gmail.com, dkpro-simil...@googlegroups.com
I already tried it, but I'm having problem like this

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core:build-tools:3 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core:build-tools:jar:3

isn't a snapshot ready for use instead of losing time resolving this type of problem that are really tedious? :D

Torsten Zesch

Mar 14, 2015, 10:40:18 AM3/14/15
to Andrea Apicella, dkpro-c...@googlegroups.com, DKPro Similarity Users
I am not sure where these errors are coming from.
Could you send a minimal example for your pom that gives you those problems?

I am also not sure whether using the latest snapshot will solve this issues.
However, you can get the snapshots using this setup
https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/UkpMavenRepository
Make sure to uncomment the snapshot repository.
Alternatively, you can also checkout the whole project.

-Torsten

>> > --

Andrea Apicella

Mar 14, 2015, 10:49:51 AM3/14/15
to dkpro-c...@googlegroups.com, and....@gmail.com, dkpro-simil...@googlegroups.com

my pos.xml is

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <parent>
    <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core</groupId>
    <artifactId>dkpro-parent-pom</artifactId>
    <version>2</version>
  </parent>
  <groupId>test1</groupId>
  <artifactId>test</artifactId>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>ukp-oss-releases</id>
            <url>http://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/artifactory/public-releases</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>ukp-oss-snapshots</id>
            <url>http://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/artifactory/public-snapshots</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.similarity.algorithms</groupId>
            <artifactId>
                de.tudarmstadt.ukp.similarity.algorithms.api-asl
            </artifactId>
            <version>1.0.1</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</project>

I also tried inserting repository into settings.xml in .m2 folder without results.
Now I try the snapshot, if there are good news I'll tell you :)
thanks again

>> > --

Torsten Zesch

Mar 14, 2015, 10:56:56 AM3/14/15
to DKPro Similarity Users, Andrea Apicella
> <dependency>
> <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.similarity.algorithms</groupId>
> <artifactId>
> de.tudarmstadt.ukp.similarity.algorithms.api-asl
> </artifactId>
> <version>1.0.1</version>
> </dependency>

This is a very old version.
The current release is
2.1.0
and the artifact name has been shortened to
dkpro.similarity:dkpro.similarity.algorithms.api-asl
This release uses dkpro-parent-pom version 6

-Torsten