How to use LatentSemanticAnalysis without dkproCore

Raihan Ul Islam

Jun 3, 2014, 8:28:37 AM6/3/14
to dkpro-simil...@googlegroups.com
Hi  All,

I want to use LatentSemanticAnalysis without dkproCore. Usually other similarity matrices have getSimilarity() function.  But LatentSemanticAnalysis does not have any similar function.

It will be very helpful if anybody could provide me some advice.

Thanks
Raihan

Torsten Zesch

Jun 3, 2014, 8:46:19 AM6/3/14
to DKPro Similarity Users
Dear Raihan,

as LSA is an instance of vector-based measures, there currently is no
wrapper that is named accordingly (maybe we should add one).

In order to create an LSA measure you need to write:

measure = new VectorComparator(new CachingVectorReader(

new SSpaceVectorReader(sspace),

Integer.parseInt(cacheSize)));

See the example in the sspace module.

-Torsten

Torsten Zesch

Jun 3, 2014, 3:28:12 PM6/3/14
to DKPro Similarity Users
I have added a wrapper and a test to the sspace module in the latest snapshot.

-Torsten