Nested BatchTasks and data dependencies

Johannes Daxenberger

Oct 17, 2013, 9:56:30 AM10/17/13
to dkpro-l...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I’m trying to access data produced by a task belonging to an outer BatchTask from within an inner BatchTask:

BatchTask outerBatchTask = [

tasks: [outerPreprocessTask, innerBatchTask, outerPostprocessTask]

…]

BatchTask innerBatchTask = [

tasks: [innerPreprocessTask, innerPostprocessTask]

…]

innerPreprocessTask.addImport(outerPreprocessTask, KEY1, KEY2)

innerPostprocessTask. addImport(innerPreprocessTask, KEY3, KEY4)

After that, I want to continue working on the aggregated results of innerBatchTask:

outerPostprocessTask.addImport(innerBatchTask, AggregatorReport.OUTPUT_KEY, INPUT_KEY);

If I understand correctly, according to http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-lab/wiki/TaskLifecycle, this should work. So far, however, I wasn’t able to construct a running setup using the above commands. My pipeline stops after executing outerPreprocessTask with an UnfulfillablePrerequisiteException (Resolved context innerPreprocessTask not in scope []).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Johannes

---

Johannes Daxenberger

Doctoral Researcher | IT Administration

Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP Lab)

FB 20 Computer Science Department

Technische Universität Darmstadt Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany

email: daxenberger(at)ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

phone: [+49] (0)6151 16-6227, fax: -5455, room: S2/02/B111

www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Web Research at TU Darmstadt (WeRC)

www.werc.tu-darmstadt.de

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Oct 17, 2013, 10:07:48 AM10/17/13
to dkpro-l...@googlegroups.com
Sounds perfectly fine. In principle this should work.

When a task is run in the outer batch task, it's context gets added to the scope of the outer batch. The inner batch task inherits the scope from the outer batch.

-- Richard