Missing artifacts for DKPro

Julian Frattini

Mar 3, 2020, 11:54:39 AM3/3/20
to dkpro-core-user
Hello all,

I am facing a weird problem which I cannot get rid of: I am using DKPro for Java in Eclipse while utilizing maven. For some reason, suddenly all artifacts necessary to start a basic DKPro analysis pipeline are missing. The error claims that the process was unable to determine, which version to use.

Up to now, all artifacts were downloaded automatically by the resolved maven dependencies. I am not sure why this has changed.

The error message suggested to include an explicit dependency to my pom.xml, but even though I can verify the existence of the artifact in my browser, it seems like the artifact is not available for my program, as it crashes during runtime.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem and might be able to help me?

The error message:
SEVERE: Exception occurred
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException
    at de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.resources.CasConfigurableProviderBase.configure(CasConfigurableProviderBase.java:39)
    at de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.opennlp.OpenNlpSegmenter.process(OpenNlpSegmenter.java:160)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_component.JCasAnnotator_ImplBase.process(JCasAnnotator_ImplBase.java:48)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.callAnalysisComponentProcess(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:401)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.processAndOutputNewCASes(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:318)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl$AggregateCasIterator.processUntilNextOutputCas(ASB_impl.java:570)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl$AggregateCasIterator.<init>(ASB_impl.java:412)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.process(ASB_impl.java:344)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.processAndOutputNewCASes(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:271)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:269)
    at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.AnalysisEngineImplBase.process(AnalysisEngineImplBase.java:284)
    at org.apache.uima.fit.pipeline.SimplePipeline.runPipeline(SimplePipeline.java:317)
    at jfr.cerec.sentence.DKProParser.createSentence(DKProParser.java:116)
    at jfr.cerec.main.MainTest.main(MainTest.java:13)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to load resource [classpath:/de/tudarmstadt/ukp/dkpro/core/opennlp/lib/sentence-EN-maxent.properties]: I was unable to determine which version of the desired model is compatible with this component.If the version shown here is not available, try a recent version.

If you are using Maven, add the following dependency to your pom.xml file:

<dependency>
  <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core</groupId>
  <artifactId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.opennlp-model-sentence-EN-maxent</artifactId>
  <version></version>
</dependency>

Please consider that the model you are trying to use may not be publicly
distributable. Please refer to the DKPro Core User Guide for instructions
on how to package non-redistributable models.

My pom.xml (where I have also specified the external repository):
<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>ukp-oss-model-releases</id>
      <url>http://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/artifactory/public-model-releases-local</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
<dependency>
    <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core</groupId>
    <artifactId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.opennlp-model-sentence-en-maxent</artifactId>
    <version>20120616.1</version>
 </dependency>

Thanks in advance!

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Mar 3, 2020, 3:30:10 PM3/3/20
to dkpro-core-user
Hi,

> On 3. Mar 2020, at 17:54, Julian Frattini <julian.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to load resource [classpath:/de/tudarmstadt/ukp/dkpro/core/opennlp/lib/sentence-EN-maxent.properties]: I was unable to determine

Looks like you set the language as "EN". Try "en" instead.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Julian Frattini

Mar 3, 2020, 4:09:37 PM3/3/20
to dkpro-core-user
Hi Richard,

You were exactly right! This was the problem! Thank you for the quick solution!

Best regards,
Julian