Problem getting models via Maven

Sand Finl

May 1, 2020, 9:57:31 AM5/1/20
to dkpro-core-user
Hi,

I am trying to use the TreeTagger DKPro-core integration, using TreeTaggerPosTagger.
When using it in the pipeline, for whatever language, the answer is following:

=====
Please make sure that [de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.treetagger-model-tagger-de-le] version [20121207.1] is on the classpath.
If the version shown here is not available, try a recent version.

If you are using Maven, add the following dependency to your pom.xml file:

<dependency>
  <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core</groupId>
  <artifactId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.treetagger-model-tagger-de-le</artifactId>
  <version>20121207.1</version>
</dependency>
=====

The message is clear.
But when putting the dependency into my pom.xml file, Maven is not able to retrieve the model from the repository. I tried also with different versions and names, as found in different descriptions, as for instance this:

<dependency>
<groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core</groupId>
<artifactId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.treetagger-model-de</artifactId>
<version>1.7.0</version>
</dependency>

but always with the same result.
Are such models private?
How can we get them?

I have a similar problem with the French StanfordLemmatizer model.

Best regards
Sand

Richard Eckart de Castilho

May 5, 2020, 7:01:04 AM5/5/20
to dkpro-core-user
Hi,

> But when putting the dependency into my pom.xml file, Maven is not able to retrieve the model from the repository. I tried also with different versions and names, as found in different descriptions, as for instance this:
> Are such models private?
> How can we get them?

The models are not private, but they can also not be redistributed. You can build them by your own using an Ant script which comes with DKPro Core.

An example is given here: https://dkpro.github.io/dkpro-core/releases/1.12.0/docs/developer-guide.html#_example_how_to_package_treetagger_binaries_and_models

Mind that the models on the TreeTagger website change from time to time, so that the Ant script needs sometimes to be adjusted.

The latest version is here: https://github.com/dkpro/dkpro-core/blob/master/dkpro-core-treetagger-asl/src/scripts/build.xml

> I have a similar problem with the French StanfordLemmatizer model.

To my knowledge, the StanfordLemmatizer is rule-based and only supports English.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Sand Finl

Jun 18, 2020, 3:26:12 AM6/18/20