locating conventional xml descriptor for uima fit doesn't work

1 view

Yamen Ajjour

Jun 30, 2016, 11:16:33 AM6/30/16
to dkpro-bigdata-users
Hello,

I have a resource folder desc which contains a xml descriptor for a pipeline

desc/aggregate-AEs/commentsMinning.xml

Since I am using Uima FIT I tried to call

createEngineDescriptionFromPath("aggregate-AEs/ArgumentMinningPipeline.xml")

Eventhough I am able to run the code on my machine I cannot run it on the hadoop cluster.
After I package the jar via Maven Shade Plugin, and run it via hadoop this function returns null.
Which implies that the xml descriptor is being able to be located.  Should I added also to META-INF and add it also as resource in the uima fit plugin section of maven ?

Regards,
Yamen

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Jun 30, 2016, 12:12:58 PM6/30/16
to Yamen Ajjour, dkpro-bigdata-users
Resources in a Maven project must be under "src/main/resources", otherwise
they will not end up in the JAR.

So if you have your XML descriptor in "src/main/resources/desc/aggregates/commentsMinning.xml", then you should be able to load it via

createEngine("desc.aggregates.commentsMining");

Mind that dashes are not valid in the name here and that a Java-style notation *without .xml* must be used. See the JavaDoc for createEngine(String, Object...).

Cheers,

-- Richard

Yamen Ajjour

Jun 30, 2016, 12:48:34 PM6/30/16
to Richard Eckart de Castilho, dkpro-bigdata-users
Thank you very much that worked.

Regards,
Yamen