How to transfer cracked apps from JB'd iTouch to 3Gs?

Fester Bestertester

Apr 16, 2012, 11:24:48 AM4/16/12
2nd gen iPod Touch (iOS 2.1) and 3Gs (iOS 5.0.1) both JB's with
Snow-something (it's been years since JBing the iTouch, so memory is fuzzy).

I can see files using DiskAid.

I copied the Notes data from the iTouch (it's called Notes.db), but when I
went to copy the file to the 3Gs, I see that the Notes files for iOS 5 are
called notes.idx and notes.sqlite. So copying the Notes data isn't as
straightforward as I had hoped.

Also, how to get a couple of non-Apple apps off of the iTouch and onto the
phone?

Thanks.

nospam

Apr 16, 2012, 11:50:50 AM4/16/12
In article
<0001HW.CBB187D0...@news.eternal-september.org>, Fester
Bestertester <f...@fbt.net> wrote:

> I copied the Notes data from the iTouch (it's called Notes.db), but when I
> went to copy the file to the 3Gs, I see that the Notes files for iOS 5 are
> called notes.idx and notes.sqlite. So copying the Notes data isn't as
> straightforward as I had hoped.

notes will not transfer unless you export the contents. they changed
the format.

> Also, how to get a couple of non-Apple apps off of the iTouch and onto the
> phone?

redownload the apps.

Fester Bestertester

Apr 18, 2012, 3:46:05 PM4/18/12
> In article
> <0001HW.CBB187D0...@news.eternal-september.org>, Fester
> Bestertester <f...@fbt.net> wrote:
>
>> I copied the Notes data from the iTouch (it's called Notes.db), but when I
>> went to copy the file to the 3Gs, I see that the Notes files for iOS 5 are
>> called notes.idx and notes.sqlite. So copying the Notes data isn't as
>> straightforward as I had hoped.
>
> notes will not transfer unless you export the contents. they changed
> the format.

"Extract Notes" app takes the Notes.db file and creates HTML page for each
note:

<http://www.vengefulcow.com/iphone/>

From there... I'm still working on it. Web page text extraction (there's a
few apps for this) might be the solution.

>> Also, how to get a couple of non-Apple apps off of the iTouch and onto the
>> phone?
>
> redownload the apps.

This was straightforward. Put app in iTunes, sync.