Sign up for a great free science e-newsletter!

1 view

neutr...@yahoo.com

Feb 27, 2005, 10:45:16 PM2/27/05
We'd like to invite you to join our free
WORLD SCIENCE e-newsletter, which
contains some of the world's most exciting
science news and photos long before they're
in the papers and magazines. A sample
newsletter is below.

To join, just send an email with "subscribe"
in the subject line to:
neutrino750 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces).

The newsletter, sent out about every 3-10
days, contains short summaries of our new
stories, with links to web pages containing
the full stories. It's free: no pop-ups, passwords,
spam, or gimmicks -- that's our pledge! The full
story pages do contain small side ads (non
pop-up), which are what supports our news-
letter. YOU pay nothing ever. You can cancel
anytime simply by replying to a newsletter
email and typing "unsubscribe" in the subject
line.

Below is a sample newsletter. It doesn't
contain the full story links because we're not
allowed to provide them here, but the real
newsletter will contain working links.

LAST WEEK'S WORLD SCIENCE EMAIL
NEWSLETTER

* Possible dinosaur-bird missing link found:
It's not the first bird-like dinosaur ever found --
but it is the closest yet found to the actual
dinosaur ancestor of birds, researchers say.

Click here for full story (link will work in the real newsletter)

* Science in Images - A more life-friendly Mars:
Most Mars photos show a rocky, dry-looking land-
scape. This is another view: an area of the planet
that researchers think might have once been
habitable. They plan to explore further.

Click here for full story (link will work in the real newsletter)

* Another record: biggest blast ever in our
galaxy:
The most powerful explosion in our galaxy ever
recorded occurred recently when an exotic star's
magnetic field snapped, astronomers say.

Click here for full story (link will work in the real newsletter)

* New robots walk nearly like humans:
An older robot does it too, but it used 10 times as
much energy as humans do, researchers say; that is
changing.

Click here for full story (link will work in the real newsletter)

* Brain doesn't have universal language rules,
researchers claim:
Some researchers argue that language is more like
a creation of itself than a creation of our brains.

Click here for full story (link will work in the real newsletter)