Fwd: proposing accessibility statement in trademark license

Russell Keith-Magee

Nov 18, 2014, 8:01:19 PM11/18/14
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Erik Romijn is a member of the DSF, and recently co-organized the Django Under The Hood conference. He's been advocating for the DSF to develop a conference organizers guide that can be shared between DjangoCons and other Django-related events - essentially, capturing the knowledge and experience of organizers so that the process of organising a Django-related event gets easier over time.

The first step for him is capturing the "non-obvious" stuff to keep in mind when organising. Here's the email where Erik introduced his first draft; hopefully the DjangoCon team can make some use of this.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

Jan 7, 2015, 6:58:43 AM1/7/15
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Outstanding idea. I've had this in the back of my head for the last few months but there has been just enough going on that I haven't fully grokked how to organize it yet. I have been learning a lot from the DjangoGirls material too: https://github.com/DjangoGirls/organizer-manual - Maybe we can meet up at PyCon or start that initiative sooner?

Later,
Jeff

--

---

Steve Holden

Jan 8, 2015, 12:17:16 PM1/8/15
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

this reminds me that for a few months I've also had in the back of my head a transfer of the accumulated wisdom of the last five years. This could be valuable as a guide during the transition to a volunteer organization, so I attach (as a CSV) a spreadsheet of the task list we used to run the 2013 conference in the hopes that it might at least point out some of the less obvious tasks and give you some idea of the necessary lead time for various activities. Do with it what you will.

I'll get back to you again with the financials on my return tot he USA this weekend. As always, if you have any questions or complaints you just have to get back to me.

regards
 Steve

Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/
tasks.csv

Jeff Triplett

Jan 9, 2015, 6:45:10 PM1/9/15
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Steve! I will go back through my notes this weekend to see what other questions I have.

Regards,
Jeff