Trying to modify search_results.html on Heroku deploy

ale_demer

May 24, 2017, 9:36:30 AM5/24/17
to django-watson discussion group

Hi people,

I've using watson for a while in my project, it's really fast and easy to set up. But since the app got uploaded to heroku I've could find a way to modify or rewrite search_results.html, git pushes won't change a thing...

Is there a workaround? I'm thinking on having search_results.html in /my_app/templates/ but don't know if this is possible.

Error message:
Error during template rendering

In template /app/.heroku/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/watson/templates/watson/search_results.html

Thanks in andvance!

Dave Hall

May 24, 2017, 12:46:27 PM5/24/17
to django-watson discussion group
This isn't really a question related to django-watson, as it uses Django's normal template rendering code. This is a general question about how to get Django templates working on Heroku.

I'd suggest always having a "templates" folder somewhere in your project, referenced by the TEMPLATES["DIRS"] setting. Put all template overrides in that directory. Everything should then Just Work.