Model Meta data with same name

Ilya

Mar 7, 2016, 2:53:04 PM3/7/16
to django-watson discussion group
Hello ,

So first of all great code thank you for publishing. easy to install for neophyte like me and does what it supposed to do.
But after I was trying to input filters on my model I got this issue watson.search.RegistrationError: <class 'customer.models.Contact'> is already re registered with this search engine

I believe the reason is that I named my Class meta with same name of exiting model  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-filter

And it does not go well together with Watson . Even after I removed the filtering I still get the error when I run my server.

How can this be resolved ?

Thanks, Ilya

Dave Hall

Mar 8, 2016, 4:45:39 AM3/8/16
to django-watson discussion group
Are you using relative imports in your project? That can lead to the models.py file being imported twice, causing double-registration issues.

Ilya Bibik

Mar 10, 2016, 11:01:07 PM3/10/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave  it worked

I saw another answer in this group for same question but it didn't make sense to me when I originally read it,

Mr. Ilya Bibik
ilya....@gmail.com