Remove description and content from SearchEntry

Robert Slotboom

Oct 16, 2016, 6:58:51 AM10/16/16
to django-watson discussion group
Hi folks,

When you don’t need the description and content in the searchresults, storing them in the database seems unnecessary to me.
After removing the data out of the fields using pgAdmin or psql searching works fine.
Therefor I made a SearchAdapter and let it return '' for these fields. But then searching doesn’t give any results anymore.

Before diving in I want to ask if leaving these fields is an option or will it involve many changes in the code?

Cheers,

Robert

Dave Hall

Oct 17, 2016, 5:54:19 AM10/17/16
to django-watson discussion group
The description and content fields are what django-watson indexes! The database backend puts a great big full text index on them, and uses it to generate the search results.

You definitely do not want to delete them. Full text indices are space-intensive, but that's in their nature.