[channels] 2.1.4 - Removing Javascript library entirely

kradem

Oct 21, 2018, 12:03:44 PM10/21/18
to Django users
Hi everyone!

> It was very unmaintained, and having it in here sends the wrong message about it being useful and reliable.

I used to include the javascript in my templates with:

<script src="{% static 'channels/js/websocketbridge.js' %}"></script>

I suppose the only change I should do now is to include the javascript file from the 2.1.3 channels version in my project static folder and reference it with (if js is the folder for my project's javascript)::

<script src="{% static 'js/websocketbridge.js' %}"></script>

Am I missing something else here?

Andrew Godwin

Oct 21, 2018, 12:47:14 PM10/21/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
That's about right - you should ship and maintain the file yourself now.

Andrew

kradem

Oct 21, 2018, 1:22:14 PM10/21/18
to Django users
Ok, thank you very much for your answer!