Need help with Authenticating and Authorizing

linda jean-philippe

Mar 10, 2023, 10:03:11 AM3/10/23
to Django users
I do not know what I am missing. My login page and register page have rendered, but when I try to sign up with new credentials, it does not save. And on the Django Admin page, it says invalid password and username with each attempt.

Namanya Daniel

Mar 10, 2023, 1:06:12 PM3/10/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
how have you saved your password in registration?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 at 18:02, linda jean-philippe <jeanphili...@gmail.com> wrote:
I do not know what I am missing. My login page and register page have rendered, but when I try to sign up with new credentials, it does not save. And on the Django Admin page, it says invalid password and username with each attempt.

linda jean-philippe

Mar 10, 2023, 1:16:06 PM3/10/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
I created 2 accounts with the django admin page, but the credentials do not work on the login page. When I create new credentials with the register page I made, it doesn’t save. I think it’s supposed to save to the database.

Namanya Daniel

Mar 10, 2023, 1:33:13 PM3/10/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
1. Have you tried to check from the django admin end, the user is not saved?
2. If the user is saved, did you create a hashed password before saving data in your views?

linda jean-philippe

Mar 10, 2023, 2:32:06 PM3/10/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yes the user is saved and I can see it on the django admin page and no I have not hashed the password.

Namanya Daniel

Mar 10, 2023, 3:21:56 PM3/10/23
to django...@googlegroups.com

Right there, all the best