Facebook like button in django

David Gomez

Oct 11, 2012, 3:50:54 PM10/11/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
How can I create a Facebook Share button in django? I would like something like this:
button name my_website
When user click the button it would pop up a window with a form
When user click the button, it will grab the form information and the information on the blog, and put it on the database like it would do on a regular form.
The form will have:
username = username
password = password
note = what ever note the user type
blog = the blog where the button was in.

Thanks in advance

Mr. Gerardo Gonzalez Cruz

Oct 11, 2012, 4:32:53 PM10/11/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can start here

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#popovers

see the examples ...

Best regards / Saludos Cordiales
Skype: gerardo.enlaceit
oDesk: gerardogc2378
@gerardogc2378

David Gomez

Oct 12, 2012, 12:33:30 AM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
This is not going to work, because let see if you have a blog and I want you to use a button in each entry as a share button, you are going to need to intall bootstrap? I want something simple for the blog, website etc... Maybe I'm confuse since I'm new in programming.

Matteo Suppo

Oct 12, 2012, 12:41:30 AM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
You want to add a Facebook share button that lets people share things on Facebook but also save what they are sharing on your database?

Tomas Neme

Oct 12, 2012, 1:27:03 AM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
You should probably start by reading this:

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/

--
"The whole of Japan is pure invention. There is no such country, there
are no such people" --Oscar Wilde

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

David Gomez

Oct 12, 2012, 9:03:26 AM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
No the button is for my own website.

David Gomez

Oct 12, 2012, 9:44:52 AM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
I want to create a website facebook like, but real simple and I want to have a button that I can give to blogger to add them on their blog entries.  It have nothing to do with facebook.

Tomas Neme

Oct 12, 2012, 9:55:18 AM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
> I want to create a website facebook like, but real simple and I want to have
> a button that I can give to blogger to add them on their blog entries. It
> have nothing to do with facebook.

Ah! so you want your own "facebook button"!

It'll be mostly a javascript task, rather than django-specific. In
order to protect your users' identities, you won't be giving the
client (blog) an actual HTML form, but rather (like the FB button) a
link to a JS library, and some markup that the library will use to
create an iframe to your website where you'll send the actual rendered
markup

Mr. Gerardo Gonzalez Cruz

Oct 12, 2012, 5:32:00 PM10/12/12
to django...@googlegroups.com

Yeah it's true. You need Javascript to make this work. There is a jquery plugins for that thing. In a few words you need Javascript and DOM and maybe some css for styling no more!!!.