Generating Calendar files for iPhone and Android with Pthon3/django

lone...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2022, 3:51:34 PM8/1/22
to Django users
Hello all,

     I want to generate calendar files for both Android and iPhone.  I do not want to connect to the Google or Apple APIs to do this.  I just want static files that are downloaded from my webapp to the mobile device.  How and can this be done?

Thank you.

Ryan Nowakowski

Aug 2, 2022, 10:41:44 AM8/2/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
The standard is called iCal. There are a few different python libraries to choose from.

lone...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2022, 10:48:30 AM8/2/22
to Django users
I found: https://pypi.org/project/icalendar/.  Are there any others out there?

Christian Ledermann

Aug 3, 2022, 5:02:19 AM8/3/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
icalendar is tried and tested and feature complete.
OTOH if you want just to serve the iCal files from Google or Apple you don't even need to parse then, just pass them on?

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Galway, IE
Mobile : +353 (0) 899748838

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>

lone...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2022, 6:32:52 AM8/3/22
to Django users

well well well.  Look what I found.  https://ical.marudot.com/  I played around with the site a little bit and it generated what I was looking for.  I was looking for a data structure for the Reminder feature of an Event object.  What I am doing in my own code is just one long string with variables in it.