permissions mapping

Ssentumbwe Enoch

Sep 7, 2021, 9:12:53 AM9/7/21
to Django users
I want to design a factory management application but I need some guidance roles permissions.
I want to divide the floor into sections whereby a supervisor in section A can review and edit section A's functions without having rights to edit section B's functions. He or she can view section B but not edit or delete anything there.

In a section A, the operators will add but not delete or edit the reports in section A.

It is like a tree of functions.

MUGOYA DIHFAHSIH

Sep 7, 2021, 10:08:43 AM9/7/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello Enoch.

Have you considered using permissions on this, i think it is the best way to implement this functionality.

You implement this on the views by checking if the user is authorized to access the view in this case the edit function.

Mugoya Dihfahsih
Software Engineer
Kampala, Uganda
Whatsapp: +256 751612792