how to acheive this

malhaar mahapatro

May 9, 2024, 7:14:57 AMMay 9
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have scrpaded and saved attachment I want to send it to dashboard  of iso,isto and irt and I want an option that they have seen that message or not and what action taken I can see and then can send again to csirt dashboard about action taken and csirt can send it to whom he wants how to achieve in django from scratch using django

Ryan Nowakowski

May 9, 2024, 10:30:48 AMMay 9
to django...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Have you set up your Django project? Where are you stuck?

malhaar mahapatro

May 11, 2024, 12:04:19 AMMay 11
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have stuck with this I have scrpaded and saved attachment I want to send it to dashboard of iso,isto and irt and I want an option that they have seen that message or not and what action taken I can see and then can send again to csirt dashboard about action taken and csirt can send it to whom he wants how to achieve in django from scratch don't know how to do

Ryan Nowakowski

May 11, 2024, 10:59:09 AMMay 11
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 09:32:40AM +0530, malhaar mahapatro wrote:
> I have stuck with this I have scrpaded and saved attachment

Did you save it using Django's file handling and models?

> I want to send it to dashboard of iso,isto and irt and I want an option
> that they have seen that message or not and what action taken I can see
> and then can send again to csirt dashboard about action taken and csirt
> can send it to whom he wants how to achieve in django from scratch don't
> know how to do

I'm guessing you mean:

iso - https://www.iso.org
isto - https://www.isto.ch/
csirt - https://www.csirt.org/

Is that right?

Regarding the iso, isto and csirt dashboards... do these already exist?
Do they have URLs that you can point me to?

In general, I still don't fully understand the problem you're trying to
solve. If you provide more detail, it would be easier for the list here
to help.

- Ryan N

> On Thu, 9 May 2024, 8:00 pm 'Ryan Nowakowski' via Django users, <
> django...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok. Have you set up your Django project? Where are you stuck?
> >

> > On May 9, 2024 6:12:20 AM CDT, malhaar mahapatro <
> > mahapatr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I have scrpaded and saved attachment I want to send it to dashboard of
> >> iso,isto and irt and I want an option that they have seen that message or
> >> not and what action taken I can see and then can send again to csirt
> >> dashboard about action taken and csirt can send it to whom he wants how to
> >> achieve in django from scratch using django
> >>
> >> --
> > email to django-users...@googlegroups.com.
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/AC8F045F-3A2F-45CE-917D-862F3FAA6392%40fattuba.com
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/AC8F045F-3A2F-45CE-917D-862F3FAA6392%40fattuba.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > .

malhaar mahapatro

May 11, 2024, 11:27:30 AMMay 11
to django...@googlegroups.com
can we have an meet to describe you

Ryan Nowakowski

May 11, 2024, 11:40:52 AMMay 11
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 08:55:51PM +0530, malhaar mahapatro wrote:
> can we have an meet to describe you

Hey Malhaar, I spend most of my day in meetings for work. I really
prefer async communication like email for stuff I do for fun like this.
That being said, I'm happy to keep chatting here.

Ryan Nowakowski

May 12, 2024, 8:54:48 AMMay 12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hey Malhaar,  I spend most of my day in meetings for work.  I really prefer async communication like email for stuff I do for fun like this. That being said, I'm happy to keep chatting here.

malhaar mahapatro

May 12, 2024, 9:11:35 PMMay 12
to django...@googlegroups.com
How to send email to receptionist and show in dashboard he has seen or not in django

Ryan Nowakowski

May 15, 2024, 4:47:26 PMMay 15
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 06:39:56AM +0530, malhaar mahapatro wrote:
> How to send email to receptionist and show in dashboard he has seen or not
> in django

If you want to track email "opens/reads/views", it's a whole topic unto
itself[2].

Aside: Because I don't know what's good for me, I created an email tool that's
similar to mailchimp that includes mail pixel tracking, email template
creator, etc. But if you're asking the question above, you should
probably use an email provider[3] that provides this stuff since it's
complicated and ever changing. For example, in the last few years Apple
has put privacy measures in place to neuter most email open tracking for
iOS users.

Once you've chosen your email provider above you can use Django's email
module[1] to send email.

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/5.0/topics/email/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_tracking
[3] Example transactional email providers: https://www.google.com/search?q=transactional%20email%20service

Faisal Mahmood

May 15, 2024, 5:12:54 PMMay 15
to django...@googlegroups.com
To achieve this in Django, you'll need to create models to represent your messages, attachments, dashboards, and actions. Here's a basic outline of how you can structure your Django app:

1. **Models**:
   - **Message**: Contains information about the message sent, including its content, sender, recipients, and status.
   - **Attachment**: Stores information about the attachments associated with each message.
   - **Dashboard**: Represents the dashboard for each of the ISO, ISTO, and IRT teams.
   - **Action**: Records the actions taken by each team on a specific message.

2. **Views**:
   - Create views to handle sending messages, viewing dashboards, and recording actions.
   - Use Django forms for user input validation and processing.

3. **Templates**:
   - Design HTML templates for the user interface, including forms for sending messages and viewing dashboards.
   - Use template tags to display data dynamically.

4. **URLs**:
   - Define URL patterns for accessing different views in your Django app.

5. **Permissions and Authentication**:
   - Implement user authentication to ensure only authorized users can access certain views or perform actions.
   - Use Django's built-in authentication system or integrate with a third-party authentication provider if needed.

6. **Notifications**:
   - Implement a mechanism for sending notifications to users when they receive a new message or when an action is taken on a message they're involved in.

7. **Logging**:
   - Log actions taken by users and teams for auditing purposes.

8. **CSIRT Integration**:
   - Provide an interface for the CSIRT team to view messages and actions taken by other teams.
   - Implement functionality to allow CSIRT to forward messages to other recipients as needed.

This is a high-level overview, and implementing each of these components will require writing Django code, including models, views, templates, and possibly custom template tags and middleware. Additionally, you may need to integrate with external systems for notifications and CSIRT integration, depending on your requirements.

Ryan Nowakowski

May 15, 2024, 5:31:52 PMMay 15
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 02:04:06AM +0500, Faisal Mahmood wrote:
> To achieve this in Django, you'll need to create models to represent your
> messages, attachments, dashboards, and actions. Here's a basic outline of
> how you can structure your Django app:
>
> 1. **Models**:
> - **Message**: Contains information about the message sent, including
> its content, sender, recipients, and status.
> - **Attachment**: Stores information about the attachments associated
> with each message.
> - **Dashboard**: Represents the dashboard for each of the ISO, ISTO, and
> IRT teams.
> - **Action**: Records the actions taken by each team on a specific
> message.

Ah, yes. I was assuming "email" meant tranditional SMTP email but if
it's in-app messaging, then this makes a lot of sense!

> 6. **Notifications**:
> - Implement a mechanism for sending notifications to users when they
> receive a new message or when an action is taken on a message they're
> involved in.

Malhaar might consider using Django messages for this:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/5.0/ref/contrib/messages/