channels_redis SSL help

140 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

ongelezen,
19 jan 2021, 21:58:4319-01-2021
aan Django users
Hi all, hope you are all doing well.  Would someone be available to help me figure out how to connect with SSL using channels_redis?

I made a web app using django channels + channels_redis and I'm having an issue with configuring SSL. (I want SSL because I have deployed the app to Google App Engine and I don't want users' messages unsecured.) I have a Redis instance on RedisLabs with SSL enabled and all the client certs needed, but I can't find where to plug them into my app settings. I searched the channels documentation and all the issues on the channels_redis GitHub page, but the only mention I found was here: https://github.com/django/channels_redis#symmetric_encryption_keys, "we advise you to also route your Redis connections over TLS for higher security."

I noticed that channels_redis/core.py imports aioredis, and the only function from aioredis, create_redis, is used in the function pop() here:

aioredis however is able to use "ssl" as an argument when establishing the connection, which channels_redis is not using:

So, I'm thinking that in order to connect with SSL the channels_redis module would need a new feature where I could configure SSL in settings.py/CHANNEL_LAYERS, and then channels_redis would pass my SSL settings to the function create_redis.

I'm super new to the world of Django and Channels and Redis and also contributing to open source projects, so hopefully I haven't over or under explained anything. Including this information because it was mentioned in the channels_redis GitHub "Submit new issue" form:
  • OS: Windows 10
  • Runtime: Python 3.7
  • Browser: Google Chrome
  • requirements.txt file is attached
  • Expectations vs reality: Expected to find SSL config options in home.settings.CHANNEL_LAYERS variable, but there appears to be none
  • How I'm running my project: Testing locally using runserver so far, but also throwing same error using daphne
  • Error traceback attached ("ERR unencrypted connection is prohibited")

Am I missing something, or do you suggest I submit this as a new request somewhere?

Thank you!
channels_redis SSL help error traceback.txt
requirements.txt
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen