Stuck with Django

Vairamuthu Puvanachandran

Mar 21, 2023, 11:54:30 AM3/21/23
to Django users

I am 76 yr old retired Engineer in Canada.

I am new to Python and Django.

I was looking for help and I found your site.

I am stuck now.

I followed the “polls.app” tutorial and had the “Hello welcome .. page under the project directory “mysite”.

Previously I had two applications in a different project name.

I added one application called “calc” in the project directory “mysite”.

I ran into an error. I attach the “print screen” output.

I spent some time but still I couldn’t solve

I appreciate any help you can provide.

I also wish to be a volunteer.

Regards,

Vairam

2023-03-21.png
2023-03-21 (1).png

Jeman Kumar

Mar 21, 2023, 11:56:48 AM3/21/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
hello sir, Did you add the apps in the setting.py file?

Jeman Kumar

Mar 21, 2023, 11:57:55 AM3/21/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
you have to add apps to "installed apps" list in settings.py

Abdulrahman Abbas

Mar 21, 2023, 1:13:41 PM3/21/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Your attached pictures are not clear

yash thadani

Mar 21, 2023, 1:18:18 PM3/21/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vairam

What exactly you are stuck with?

Regards
Yash

Vairamuthu Puvanachandran

Mar 21, 2023, 3:37:33 PM3/21/23
to Django users
my settings.py is having a problem right now, miss matching of the "(",  "{" and "["

Can you help me to resolve that?

vairam

 TEMPLATES = [
    {
        'BACKEND': 'django.template.backends.django.DjangoTemplates',
        'DIRS': (os.path.join[BASE_DIR, 'templates']),
        'APP_DIRS': True,
        'OPTIONS': {
            'context_processors': [
                'django.template.context_processors.debug',
                'django.template.context_processors.request',
                'django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth',
                'django.contrib.messages.context_processors.messages',
                                    ],
        ),
        },
    },
]

Jeman Kumar

Mar 22, 2023, 12:24:39 AM3/22/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
see the "{" bracket near options? you didn't close it sir.