How is fatcow for django hosting?

frocco

Feb 1, 2013, 7:40:27 AM2/1/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Anyone use them?
I am trying to compare them to Bluehost.com

Thanks

frocco

Feb 1, 2013, 8:09:07 PM2/1/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
I also am looking at hostgator
Message has been deleted

Mike

Feb 2, 2013, 12:46:41 AM2/2/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have been shopping for hosting for my project too (in my case a hobby project that I will monetize ). I don't know anything about Fat Cow but many hosts will give you shell access and let you host django powered sites. What most won't do is let you run long running background processes such as celery queues. For my project I might be able to get by for a while by running the background process with cron. If that's the case for you then make sure your host gives you access to cron. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is using shared hosting for their Django projects. I can afford to get a VPS but I don't want to admin my own server unless/until its really necessary. Now I'm using A Small Orange. Great support.

Ashwin Kumar

Feb 3, 2013, 3:23:49 AM2/3/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
i use amazon. its easy, fast, cheap, with full controll.

this month my bill is 0$ as its free for 1yr

With Best
-Ashwin.

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Mike <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been shopping for hosting for my project too (in my case a hobby project that I will monetize ).  I don't know anything about Fat Cow but many hosts will give you shell access and let you host django powered sites.  What most won't do is let you run long running background processes such as celery queues.  For my project I might be able to get by for a while by running the background process with cron.  If that's the case for you then make sure your host gives you access to cron.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else is using shared hosting for their Django projects.  I can afford to get a VPS but I don't want to admin my own server unless/until its really necessary.  Now I'm using A Small Orange. Great support.

Gladson Simplício Brito

Feb 3, 2013, 1:13:38 PM2/3/13
to django...@googlegroups.com