Customize serializer errors with incorrect data

Sencer Hamarat

Aug 3, 2022, 1:00:12 AM8/3/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I found a way to customize error messages of the serializer by adding extra_kwargs into the serializer meta class.

But, I'm wishing to render custom serializer errors with the incorrect data. For example:

class CreateUserSerializer(serializer.ModelSerializer):
    class Meta:
        model = User
        fields = ('first_name', 'last_name', 'is_active', 'email')

def create_users(request):
    serialized_data = CreateUserSerializer(data=data, many=True)
    if serialized_data.is_valid():
        serialized_data.save()

Say, afew of the user data has no email information.
This will return error like:

{"email":["This field may not be blank."], "email":["This field may not be blank."], ...}

I want to add error related data or at least index number to error text

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sencer HAMARAT

Sencer Hamarat

Aug 4, 2022, 3:51:27 AM8/4/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

For anyone interested, more detailed version was sent to stackoverflow:

Kind regards,
Sencer HAMARAT

Ammar Mohammed

Aug 4, 2022, 4:35:55 AM8/4/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hello Sencer
You can add cuatom functions to your serializer to return the data with the zerializer .

For example you can add :
def email_serializer(email):
   if !email.endswith("gmail.com"):
     raise SerializerError("Error wrong email address : ", email)

This is just an example your functions can look in and way.

In the email field in your serializer you ahould add the "email_serializer" function to the serializers.

Regards
--

Ammar Mohammed