WatchmanReloader does never reload

Torsten Bronger

Jan 18, 2022, 4:32:04 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hallöchen!

The reloader for “runserver” does not reload at all for me, and I
have no clue how to debug this. I am using Django 3.2.10 under
Ubuntu, and both the StatReloader and WatchmanReloader simply do
nothing. Including no error output.

That both do not work points to a really stupid error between screen
and chair, but I really do modify files in the tree that I call
manage.py in (and for).

I would prefer the WatchmanReloader, so my question is, how do I get
any debug info out of it?

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger

Robbi Nespu

Jan 18, 2022, 4:48:03 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Do you use docker? anyway what is your DEBUG value on settings.py ?

Try to change port binding to another value, perhaps.. the target port
already occupied.

--
Regards
Robbi Nespu

PGP: D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA

Torsten Bronger

Jan 18, 2022, 5:02:07 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hallöchen!

Robbi Nespu writes:

> On 18/1/2022 5:29 pm, Torsten Bronger wrote:
>
>> The reloader for “runserver” does not reload at all for me, and I
>> have no clue how to debug this. I am using Django 3.2.10 under
>> Ubuntu, and both the StatReloader and WatchmanReloader simply do
>> nothing. Including no error output.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Do you use docker?

No. Command line on bare metal.

> anyway what is your DEBUG value on settings.py ?

DEBUG is True.

> Try to change port binding to another value, perhaps.. the target
> port already occupied.

I can open the test server in the browser. FWIW, watchman-wait if
called directly works as I expect.