CanadaHelps looking for a Django Developer downtown Toronto

Rob Osborne

Dec 5, 2013, 10:12:44 AM12/5/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com

CanadaHelps is looking for a smart, thoughtful and self-starting Django Developer to join our development team.

You’ll be helping CanadaHelps modernize by building tools that help donors and charities make a difference.   We are adding features such as rich charity profiles, fundraising tools, donor management systems and integrations with standard CRM and account applications.   We have so many things to do you’ll never be bored.

This is an opportunity to join one of Canada’s first social enterprises, a charity that provides technology to 14000 charities across Canada and helps collect donations for 80000 others.  Come on board as we update our application to better serve the modern, demanding donor and our charity partners who are facing new fundraising challenges.

Our ideal candidate will have:

  • A degree in computer science (or equivalent experience)
  • 3-5 years experience building web applications
  • Experience with Python or other dynamic programming languages like Ruby
  • Experience with Django or another MVC web framework like Rails or CakePHP
  • Experience with front-end development using Twitter Bootstrap, LESS/CSS, jQuery
  • Experience in eCommerce, Unix and PostgreSQL

Here’s what we have to offer:

  • A chance to make a difference; both as a key member of a small team and as part of one of the original social enterprises.
  • A competitive salary, benefits and RRSP matching.
  • A lifestyle friendly work life balance.
Get in touch with me for more details or to submit a resume.