Call for proposals: PyCon Canada 2013 Aug 9-13 in Toronto, Canada

Debo

May 21, 2013, 8:28:04 AM5/21/13
to Python Toronto
In anticipation of the main PyCon conference in Montreal in 2014 and
2015, we are hosting the second annual PyCon Canada conference on
August 9-11, 2013 in Toronto, Canada to bring the Canadian Python
community together.

We've opened ticket sales and talk submissions at http://pycon.ca --
please check it out! Talks range from standard 20 min / 40 min talks,
to full-blown tutorials, to 5 min lightning talks. Speakers from all
disciplines and of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
(https://pycon.ca/speak).

Our deadline for talk submissions is July 1st, 2013.

We are excited to announce our first two keynote speakers: Jacob
Kaplan-Moss, co-creator and co-BDFL of Django, and Director of
Platform Security at Heroku; and Karen Brennan, Assistant Professor of
Education at Harvard University in the Graduate School of Education,
whose research focuses on the Scratch educator community. See
https://pycon.ca/learn/ to learn more! We'll be announcing more
featured speakers in the weeks to come.

We are also very proud to announce 500px (http://500px.com) as our
title sponsor for the second year running! Here is what Oleg Gutsol
(CEO) had to say about 500px's continued support of PyCon Canada in
2013:

==
One of our goals at 500px is to support the growing dev community in
Toronto and in Canada.

We are a developer driven company, and we want to attract and work
with the best software engineers in the country.

We believe that helping back up developer events is one of the best
ways to foster a positive and long-lasting relationship with the dev
community. PyCon.ca is the leading Python conference in Canada, it
brings some of the very interesting and well known people in the
industry, and 500px wants to help make the conference better every
year.

It was an honour to be a partner in the past and we are happy to
continue to sponsor PyCon Canada this year!
==

We are looking forward to seeing you all there!

The PyCon Canada 2013 Organizing Committee
http://twitter.com/pyconca

Debo

May 21, 2013, 11:06:31 AM5/21/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks, sorry for the mixup, but I posted the incorrect deadline for our talk submissions -- talks proposals are actually due by _June 21, 2013_!

My apologies!