Fwd: [PyGTA] PyCon 2014 Call for Proposals, New Website

Chris Calloway

Jul 11, 2013, 2:39:47 PM7/11/13
to django-...@googlegroups.com
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [PyGTA] PyCon 2014 Call for Proposals, New Website
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:25:34 -0400
From: Brian Curtin <br...@python.org>
To: <pygta-...@engcorp.com>

Hi Toronto Python Users!

It's that time of year again! The PyCon website received a beautiful
refresh and we're ready to accept proposals for the 2014 conference
taking place April 9-17 in Montreal. Check out the new site at
http://us.pycon.org/2014 and create your account today! Registration
will open in September, so mark your calendars and get ready to head
into Canada for another great PyCon.

We've received record numbers of proposals over each of the last several
years, and we expect this year to be no different. For 2012 we received
over 500 proposals for talks, tutorials, and posters, and for 2013 we
received over 600. This community's excellent submissions have made for
schedules where there is just too much good stuff to take in without
cloning yourself, which is a problem we're proud to have. Thankfully you
can catch up with the talks you missed at http://pyvideo.org/.

If you're interested in submitting a proposal, take a look at our Call
for Proposals at http://us.pycon.org/2014/speaking/cfp/ and poke around
the site for advice and resources to help you create a great proposal.
New for this year are the addition of Lightning Talk proposals, from
which we'll be pre-selecting some of the slots that make up the
Lightning Talk sessions.

If your company is interested in sponsorship, we need you. Sponsors are
what make PyCon a possibility, and sponsorship offers some great values
to the generous organizations who support the conference. Check out
https://us.pycon.org/2014/sponsors/whysponsor/ to find out what you get
out of sponsorship, with a prospectus at
https://us.pycon.org/2014/sponsors/prospectus/. Contact Jesse Noller at
jno...@python.org with any sponsorship inquiries.

Keep an eye out for news on our blog at http://pycon.blogspot.com/ and
follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/pycon