Difference between Disconnect and disconnect_individual

Matt C

Feb 8, 2018, 5:01:03 PM2/8/18
to Django Social Auth

So I have added the disconnection pipeline to my application using python-social-auth. I noticed that there are two endpoints in the urls.py:

  • disconnect - /oauth/disconnect/<backend>/

  • disconnect_individual - oauth/disconnect/<backend>/<association_id>/

Where backend could refer to the social provider (facebookgoogle-pluslinkedin, ...).

Through my experiments, I find that the first endpoint, disconnect, will remove the logged in user's associated UserSocialAuth table entry.

What does the second endpoint do?

What does the association_id represent?

Is it a way of dissociating one individual account if the user has two UserSocialAuth entries with the same backend? That doesn't make sense since the uid + provider must be unique. Can someone provide an example of when one would call the disconnect_individual?

I've asked this question on Stackoverflow, so feel free to post an answer there too. Also, who would be responsible for maintaining the documentation

Matías Aguirre

Feb 8, 2018, 5:40:25 PM2/8/18
to DSA Group
Hi,

I've posted back to the stackoverflow question, let me know if that makes the distinction clear. As for the documentation, I'm in charge of maintaining it, but pull-request are welcome at https://github.com/python-social-auth/social-docs.